Tuesday, April 30, 2013

A Christian Wiccan Creed

Often when I go to church we will recite the Apostles' Creed.  I have no issue with this at all.  For more information on the Apostles' Creed I recommend Wikipedia's page on the Apolstles' Creed.  It walks you through several different versions.  It strikes me that in order to make this 100% true to myself there is very little modification that would need made.  Without further ado here is my version of the Christian Wiccan's Creed:


I believe in God, the Father almighty,
creator of heaven and earth.
I believe in Jesus Christ, God's only Son, our Lord,
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died, and was buried;
he descended into hell.
On the third day he rose again;
he ascended into heaven,
he is seated at the right hand of the Father,
and he will come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, Mother of knowledge and earth,
the holy catholic Church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting. Amen.

Along with this there are a few rules that most Christian Wiccan's I know follow.  At times this can make for a very lively debate.  Do you follow the Wiccan Rede or the Golden Rule?  For those who are just learning these are:


These are all the guidance you need.  If you ponder them for a while you will see how absolutely compatible and similar they are.  This along with the Canticle of the Sun, from What is the Difference? Part 2 sum up the path I call Christian Wicca.  Yes, there is a lot more that I do and a lot to learn.  But at the heart, this is the belief.

No comments:

Post a Comment