Sunday, December 29, 2013

Bring a little friendship


This morning as I was reading Facebook I came across a sister witch who felt abandoned by her friends.  She was asking for help, a ritual to bring new friends into her life.  It got me to thinking about how often we have all been there.  For one reason or another, we feel alone and abandoned.  And one of the most comforting things to do is to retreat back to our beliefs and ask to not be alone.  I am starting to think that it isn't love or fear or grief that is the most powerful emotion but loneliness.

I was struck by her plight and able to come up with a spell.  As I told her, and I hope with all the spells that are found here, only use this for inspiration.  The most potent magick is that which you write yourself because it has your emotions, your desires, and your correspondences in it.  It is what you believe.  In fact, I had a hard time writing the end of this spell.  Following a Christian path, mine always end with thanking the Son as well, but this person does not follow a Christian path.

Friendship Spell

Set your altar as you normally would.
Start with opening your circle, call to the Goddess and God, invite the elements.
Light a pink, brown or white candle. Look into the candle and see yourself with your new friends. See yourselves out laughing and having fun, comforting each other in times of sorrow, helping with each other's children, your children playing together. Be careful to not see the faces because these are yet unknown people to you.  Say the following:

Some have left and gone away, I do not wait another day. Their friendship gone, time has past and left a space for friendship that will last. I call to those who want the same, though I do not know your name. An ye harm none, by the breath of air, the wave of water, the mountain of earth, and the sun of fire, Lady and Lord, as I will so mote it be.

Finish by thanking those attending and closing your circle.


*Image from Words To Inspire the Soul facebook page

No comments:

Post a Comment